Wednesday 9 June 2010

Liberals keep Cons in power - again

Ignatieff and the Liberals said they did not like the budget bill. Ignatieff said it was an "abuse of power".
Yet, 30 Liberals did not show up so that the budget would be passed. Why, because, yet again, the Liberals don't like their current chances in an election. Did Liberal voters elect the Liberal MPs so they would support all sorts of Con legislation they didn't like over and over again? I don't think so. If I was a Liberal supporter I'd be steaming mad at my MP and would not support him/her in the next election.

It's one thing to try to get into power so you can govern. But it's another thing to do so by allowing Canada to be destroyed by supporting a party bent on destroying Canada as we know it over a period of years.

For more details see:
Conservative budget passes thanks to 30 Liberal absentees - Toronto Star
On forgone conclusions
Liberals and Conservatives ram through trojan-horse budget

What's so bad about this budget? It includes:

  • Authorization for the sale of the Atomic Energy of Canada Ltd. with no debate or public scrutiny;
  • A move towards privatization of Canada Post by removing Canada Post’s exclusive right to collect Canadian mail destined for delivery in other countries;
  • Approval for the draining of the Employment Insurance Account, which held a surplus of $57 billion in premiums paid in over the past decade by workers and businesses.

3 comments:

Artem said...

In full agreement.

Fillibluster said...

I did support the Liberals in the last election and I AM steaming mad. I have fired off a letter to my MP telling him not to expect my support this time around. And this after numerous emails from me to him asking why, if they were not ready for an election, I have yet to receive a single request for a donation. No answer.
Pathetic.

LMA said...

You forgot the weakening of the Canadian Environmental Assessment Act by handing responsibility for environmental assessments to the provinces the the National Energy Board. I no longer believe the Liberals can be trusted to protect the environment.